PLEASE LOG IN TO EACH CLASS ON TIME. Quarantined students are expected to attend. If a student is ill please contact the attendance office. Thank you!
We are serving a "Grab & Go" lunch that includes breakfast for the next day. Monday - Thursday lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. and Friday lunch is served from 12:15 p.m. until 1:00 p.m. In addition we will have snack packs and weekend packs for students in need.
Click on CANVAS Home Page to locate the home page for all SRMS teachers.
Click on the picture to see what's happening this week at SRMS!
Sunset Ridge Students, Parents/Guardians and Community Members,
I apologize for the lengthy email/post. There is a lot of information that we would like to share and we hope you will find it useful.
First and foremost, what weighs heaviest on our minds is the health and well-being of each member of our school community. We are looking forward to having everyone back in school on November 30, 2020. We know how hard everyone is working to keep each other safe and we can’t thank you enough for your continued efforts to reduce the spread of COVID 19 in our community. While we may not be in school, the only way we will be able to return to in-person learning is if we continue to follow the safety protocols we have been practicing for the last few months, and we help others do the same. I know you are tired of social distancing, wearing masks and not being around friends and family as much as you’d like, but now is not the time to throw caution to the wind. Now, more than ever, we need to adhere to the guidelines established by the Salt Lake County Health Department and take precautions to keep one another safe and well. We are asking that our community help us by doing the following:
- When you are not at home, wear a cloth face mask that covers the nose and chin and fits snuggly on the sides. Make sure the material is not see through when held up to the light.
- Continue to wash hands, and use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Practice social distancing (6 feet).
- Limit social gatherings to those you live with until November 23rd (or until a new date is announced by the Governor).
- Make wise decisions outside of the school environment.
- If a student has even one COVID symptom, please have him/her stay home.
- If someone in your household gets tested, please wait until the results come back negative before having any student attend school.
- Parents, please carefully consider what activities you are promoting and encouraging your students to attend. Please be responsible with masks and social distancing.
- When students are exposed to someone who has tested positive, they need to quarantine for 14 days from the date of exposure or be tested with a negative result no sooner than 7 days after the date of exposure in order to return to school.
Thank you for your help and support!
ADDITIONAL SCHOOL INFORMATION
BREAKFAST & LUNCH:
Lunch will be served daily. This is a “Grab and Go” lunch meaning that you may enter the north parking entrance, drive past the north doors and around the building to the cafeteria doors. Students will need to exit the vehicle and walk up to the cafeteria doors to pick-up their lunch and their breakfast for the next morning. In addition, we will have snack bags and weekend meal bags available for pick-up in the foyer where students will pick up their meals. Walking students are welcome. If you are in need of assistance, please contact Pat Orr (firstname.lastname@example.org) in our Counseling Center.
VIRTUAL CLASSES: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH WILL BE AN A DAY
The calendar has been altered to account for missing school today. Please check the school calendar on our website if you are not sure if it is an A Day or a B Day. Classes will be held daily. Teachers will provide a link to their secure virtual classroom on their CANVAS home page. There is an explicit expectation that students log on, attend each one of their classes, and complete the corresponding assignments for that day. These assignments will be a part of students’ 2nd quarter grades. For a list of teachers and links to each teacher’s CANVAS homepage, click here or refer to the News Feed on our website.
FRIDAY - INTERVENTION/EXTENSION:
Sunset Ridge will continue to use the HERO app to select students for intervention sessions. Students can log in to their HERO account to see who has requested them and which session they have been requested to attend. Parents should receive an email indicating who has requested their student and for what type of intervention. Parents will also receive an email if their student does not attend the intervention/extension session. For Parent Access to HERO, please review this powerpoint and set up your Parent Account.
Students who need to pick up instruments, handouts, supplies etc. may come to the Main Entrance between 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM on Thursday, November 12th and Friday, November 13th to retrieve those items.
INTERNET ACCESS - CHROMEBOOK ISSUES
If you do not have access to the internet, or to report an issue with a student’s ChromeBook, please call the Main Office 801-412-2475.
Counselors will be available over the phone and/or virtually to meet with students and/or parents/guardians during the closure. Please email your/your students counselor to schedule a virtual appointment.
RETURN TO SCHOOL:
We anticipate that all students will return to school on Monday, November 30th. All active cases within Sunset Ridge and all school initiated exposure quarantines will have expired at that time. We are hopeful that each of you will not only do your part, but lead the way in flattening the curve so that a return to in-person instruction is possible. COVID-19 case counts at all schools and buildings in the District can be found on the Jordan COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard can be accessed at movingforward.jordandistrict.org.
Let us continue to work together through these truly unprecedented times. To our school community, take care of yourselves, take care of each other and to our Falcons, remember we love you! TOGETHER, we are UNSTOPPABLE!
Sunset Ridge Admin. Team
HERO & Friday Intervention/Extension
HERO is a new addition to our Positive Behavior System. HERO will also allow us to send you an email letting you know your student has been asked to attend a Friday intervention/extension session. Instructions to create your parent account will be sent out tomorrow. See the At-A-Glance (click on the picture below) for additional information!
What's Up this Friday?
To access registration instructions click here. To access the Sunset Ridge Return-to-School Plan, click here. To access the Jordan School District Return-to-School Plan click here, Plan para Reabrir la Escuela 2020-21 clic aqui and to access the Block Schedule, bell schedule and important dates, click here.
- Registration Information and Links - Parents, Students and Community Members, School registration is open.… -- Continue Reading
- Interested in running Cross Country for Copper Hills High? Click on the link for additional information. - CHHS - Cross Country -- Continue Reading
- GRADE CHANGE REQUESTS - Grade Change Request Forms Please click on the link… -- Continue Reading
- Check Out Procedures – 2020 - Check-Out Procedures Return of school property (Chromebooks, textbooks, calculators,… -- Continue Reading
- Grading Policy – 4th Quarter – 2020 - Grading Policy - 4th Quarter - 2020 Students, Parents… -- Continue Reading
- THINGS YOU MIGHT FIND USEFUL - WHEN IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE When an assignment doesn't… -- Continue Reading
- School Dismissal Continues Through The End Of The Year - As many of you know by now, Governor Herbert… -- Continue Reading
- Daily Instruction – Check here to see where you need to go and what you need to do each day! - Daily Instruction May 22, 2020 - Today's Stay Connected… -- Continue Reading