Dear Falcon Nation,
All Jordan School District schools will be going virtual starting on Wednesday, 1/19 and will continue throughout the week. We want to provide some clarifying information regarding what this week will look like.
Bell Schedule - Wednesday, students will attend virtually all 7 periods. Thursday and Friday, students will attend virtually the Block Schedule.
Wednesday 1/19 - Virtual Learning Day
Thursday 1/20 - Virtual Learning Day
Friday 1/21 - Virtual Learning Day
What to expect during virtual learning:
- Students are expected to log into Zoom and meet with their classes at the beginning of each class period. In the Zoom meeting teachers will take attendance and go over expectations and directions for the day.
- Zoom links can be found in your student’s Canvas class home page. Please email teachers directly if you or your student is having trouble finding the Zoom link.
- Since teachers will be taking attendance. You can excuse your student from class by calling the attendance office.
- Students need to follow their 2nd Semester Schedule. (3rd Quarter).
Other important information:
- Grab and Go breakfast will be provided 7:20 - 7:55am Wednesday.
- Grab and Go lunch will be provided 12:00 - 1:00 Wed. & Thur. and 11:20 - 12:20 Friday.
- Breakfast for Thursday and Friday will be provided during the previous day’s lunch.
- Families who need Grab and Go meals for elementary/high school students, as well as SRMS students, may pick up all meals at SRMS during Grab and Go times.
- School Access - Please use the Main entrance for school business and if possible the West entrance for Grab and Go meals.
- SRMS offices will be open from 8:00am - 3:00pm. If you have any questions, please call 801-412-2475.
- If your Wi-Fi connections at home are spotty, we have a limited number of Kajeet hotspots available. Parents, please contact the office for details.
We look forward to having students back in the Falcon’s Nest very soon as we know we are better together!
Monday, January 17 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 18 - Grade Transmittal Day, No school for students
This week we will be celebrating White Ribbon Week with some fun activities and discussions about Internet safety and cyber bullying.
Marvel Monday - Dress like your favorite Marvel character.
Twin Tuesday - Dress like your friend.
Wacky Wednesday - Dress Wacky, but be sure to follow dress code.
Teacher Thursday - Dress as your favorite SRMS teacher or staff member
Falcon Friday - Dress in school colors (Black, Burgundy, Gray, White)
Our next PTA Meeting will be in the media center on Thursday at 1:15 or you can join by Zoom at https://uetn-org.zoom.us/j/8015747175
Our next Community Council Meeting will be held in the media center Wednesday at 6:00. You can also join by Zoom at https://uetn-org.zoom.us/j/8015747175
We are so excited to see what our SRMS dancers have created and choreographed this semester. They will be performing for their peers during the day and parents Tuesday night at 6:00 in the auditorium.
Join us for the beautiful music from the choir at 6:00 Tuesday Night. It's a wonderful way to start this festive season. Please enter the north doors.
Candy Grams are on sale from Dec. 6-9. Students can order candy grams in the library during lunch. They need to have money with them to go to the library. Parents can order a candy gram by contacting Stacy Sorensen Haight through Facebook messenger and then Venmo her (@Stacy-Haight) for the total amount of the candy grams. This is not a fundraiser - the candy grams are sold for what the PTA buys them for. This is simply something fun for the kids to do for each other. Parents, please keep your orders between 1-5 items so that we can have enough supplies for the kids to buy candy grams for each other. *If the item you request is sold out we will substitute something that costs the equivalent amount of money.
There is something for everyone at the bookfair this week: adventure, sci-fi, best-selling, and even "laugh-out-loud" stories. Visit the Library before school, during lunch, and after school. Don't miss out; it ends Friday, December 10th. You can also shop online at our Virtual Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25. Visit the Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping. We are also still looking for volunteers and would love to have your help! Click on the link below to sign up or to order items online.