Earthquake Tips click here
Tips for Calmness and reducing Anxiety
- Talk openly and honestly about feelings and thoughts, anxiety is rooted in uncertainty about the future. In order to speak honestly about the virus, it’s important to dispel rumors and really stay true to the fact. Check out this data sheet that could help your child understand that we are going to be okay.
- Try not to monitor the news constantly – washing your hands and keeping a safe distance is enough to keep you safe, knowing every case and the latest news will not increase your safety and will likely heighten anxiety.
- Try to focus on the present moment. Anxiety is rooted in uncertainty about the future and by focusing on the present moment through a breathing exercise, savoring a food, noticing a smell. Trying a regular practice of mindfulness will really help reduce anxiety.
- Stay connected – it’s essential that we don’t isolate. Even if we don’t get together in person we should communicate with friends and loved ones as much as possible.
- Try a new hobby, read a book, or play a board game with the … Distraction can be a powerful tool
- Try your other tried and true coping strategies, this isn’t the first time any of us have felt anxiety. It’s normal for every person to feel a little anxious from time to time, how did you get through it before? You may be more of an expert than you think at coping with anxiety because it’s a battle you’ve already won.
Stay healthy and be well!
For in-depth videos with ideas for parents and students check out this page