This Tuesday's School Community Council meeting has been cancelled due to a conflict with the Jordan School District Board of Education meeting regarding boundary changes for the 2019-20 school year.
The meeting will be rescheduled.
The next scheduled meeting is January 8, 2019.
The November newsletter is available and can be accessed here.
Parents and Students: We have been notified of an important change to crosswalks near the school that will begin OCTOBER 22.
From October 22 on, the crosswalk at the intersection of 8200 South and Skyline Arch Drive will be CLOSED to improve traffic flow. No guards will be posted at this intersection, and students need to not attempt to cross at this intersection or at any point along Skyline Arch Drive before 8305 South. A West Jordan Police officer will be on site to assist with directing traffic, and students who jaywalk or cross mid-block may be cited.
Crossing guards will be stationed at the intersection of Skyline Arch Drive and 8305 South. This is the only intersection where students should cross Skyline Arch Drive.
Additionally, parents are strongly encouraged to avoid dropping off students along 8200 South at the north edge of the school property. Students dropped off here must cross through the bus drop-off area. As we move into winter weather, it becomes more difficult for students to safely cross this lot and for buses to safely drive and deliver students.
Questions or concerns should be directed to West Jordan City or the West Jordan Police Department.
Parents & Guardians,
With the boundary changes that are coming, the Sunset Ridge PTSA is losing 85% of it's board members. Those of you who know you are staying at SRMS next year, we need your help to fill those vacancies. Please consider volunteering now for these upcoming jobs so that you can be trained by the people currently doing them.
Available positions are:
- President Elect (will take over for president for 20-21 school year)
- Reflections (coordinates Reflections Arts contest)
- PTSA Student Adviser (works with students to plan in school activities & service opportunities)
- Memory book (works with students to create yearbook)
- Hospitality (feed teacher & staff during parent teacher conferences)
- Membership Vice President (runs the PTSA membership drive)
- Legislative Vice President
- Communications (gets PTSA announcements out to families & staff)
- Family Life (coordinates evening family school activities)
- T-Shirts (coordinates SRMS t-shirt sales)
See the link below for the October Newsletter from the Counseling Office.
The agenda for tonight's School Community Council meeting can be found here.