Registration is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Read and review the information on this page. Print and complete any forms that need to be turned in to the Main Office.
- Log in to Skyward with a Parent account. Update your contact and other information. Please be sure to enter a valid email address! If you have lost or do not remember your Parent login, you can use the "Forgot Password" link or contact the Main Office.
- Pay school fees. Fees for all students are $65 (this total does not include memory books, PE clothing, or lunch deposits, which are optional charges and will need to be added individually). Fees can be paid online with a credit card or in person in the Main Office with card or cash. Unpaid student fees may be referred to collections by the end of first quarter.
Effective immediately, we will no longer be able to accept personal or business checks for payment of school fees or lunch deposits. This is due to the increased cost of processing and charges the school incurs for returned checks. School fees and lunch deposits can be paid online with a credit/debit card or in person using cash.
Fee waivers are available for those who meet certain income or eligibility requirements. If your student was on a fee waiver at Sunset Ridge Middle School last year, they will continue to be on a fee waiver this year. New family members (younger siblings or others attending SRMS for the first time) must submit a new application.
Please complete the entire fee waiver application (FRONT AND BACK) and attach the necessary documentation.
Once you have completed the Online Registration process, your student's schedule and locker should be visible in Skyward. PLEASE NOTE: We are still working to balance class sizes and enroll new students, so your schedule is still subject to change!
Student Handbook & Code of Conduct
The student handbook and Student Code of Conduct are being revised. They will be available by the first day of school. The schoolwide disclosure document that will be sent home on the first day will ask parents to review these documents, plus any class specific addendums, online.
We are happy to again offer two sessions of walkabouts for students to come and locate classes, open lockers, and familiarize themselves with the building. These sessions will be:
- Monday, August 13, from 9 AM to 12 PM (an Immunization Caravan from Community Nursing Services will be held at the same time)
- Tuesday, August 14, from 12 PM to 2 PM
Before August 13, the building is not open for students - summer cleaning and maintenance is ongoing. After August 14, teacher work days and training begin and the building will again be closed for student access.
Seventh Grade Orientation
Seventh Grade Orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 21. School will run from 7:50 to 11:50. No meals will be served. Students who are assigned to ride a bus will be picked up at their regular times and dropped off at the end of the day.
Seventh Grade Orientation is for seventh graders only! We promise to take good care of your student! On this day, seventh graders will:
- Meet their teachers and attend all their classes
- Learn to open and close their lockers
- Learn how the cafeteria works and how to enter their lunch numbers
- Meet classmates and begin to build friendships
- Learn about Sunset Ridge and where to go for information and help
- Learn about middle school and the ways that each student can help to build a positive environment.
Back-to-School Night will be held on Thursday, August 23, from 5:30-7:30 PM. The evening will begin in the auditorium with a brief introduction by our new principal, Kim Searle. Attendees will then rotate through all seven periods in order in 5-7 minute rotations to hear information from classroom teachers.
Bus Eligible Students: Please print and sign this form and turn in to the Main Office.
Community council meetings will be held several times throughout the year. Parents are elected to a two-year term and can serve up to three consecutive terms. Parents and community members who are not elected to an open council seat are still welcome to attend meetings.
The meeting schedule will be determined by the start of the school year and will be posted here and sent to parents via email and social media.
PTSA memberships can be added during the Online Registration process. A membership costs $6 and a portion of the membership fee is returned to the PTSA at Sunset Ridge Middle School to support school programs and activities. Parents and students are welcome to join and help support the PTSA in supporting public education.
Memory books are also available for purchase during the Online Registration process.
PTSA memberships and memory books will not be automatically added to your school fee payment. You must add these items separately.